During this unique technique the pigment is applied with a manual tool that has fixed small blade with many disposable needles. The needles are three times thinner than those used in machines which helps to achieve an effect of extremely fine and natural looking hair. The procedure is less painful and is done faster than with a machine. It does not look like n usual tattoo as hair strokes are drawn in natural direction. Thicker medical pigment is used which does not change color but slowly fades over time.
MICROBLADING TREATMENT STEPS:
1. Client consultation which includes thorough discussion about treatment steps, patch test, choosing an eyebrow shape and color.
2. Eyebrow shape is usually done with special soft waterproof pencil.
3. 20 - 30min numbing process using lidocaine cream.
4. Pigment is applied with a manual tool and chosen pigment color or color mix.
5. Pigment is left to absorb
6. Cleaning the area and applying special healing cream.
7. Treatment usually last 2 - 3 hours
The touch up is recommended after 45 days only. Skin will be too thin and too sensitive anytime before 45 days. You will need touch up (second session) to fill in missing hair strokes, achieve more intensive color and to perfect the shape.
1. During pregnancy or Nursing
2. Diabetic Clients
3. If any skin diseases symptoms or Irritation appears on the eyebrows
4. Directly after Botox Treatment.
5. If you are using Accutane or other strong retinoids
6. If you are very sensitive and pain intolerant
7. IF you are suffering a sunburn or frostbitten
8. On Keloids, birth marks or moles.
9. Directly after procedures like waxing and strong chemical peels.
BEFORE AND AFTER TREATMENT
BEFORE AND AFTER TREATMENT
1. Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, fish oil, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours before treatment.
2. Do not drink coffee, alcohol or energizing drinks the day before and on the treatment day.
3. If you are used to eyebrows tinting, do it prior to the treatment.
4. Do not tan or sun bathing 3 days before treatment.
5. No Chemical peels, Laser treatments, dermabrasion, mesotherapy, or any other intense treatments which will cause faster skin cells rejuvenating and causes skin irritation, 2 - 3 weeks before microblading.
6. Discontinue Retin-A, Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) atleast 4 weeks prior.
7. Fix/wash your hair before the treatment, as after you can not contact with water for 24 Hours.
8. Botox injection - do your eyebrows microblading first and botox 4 weeks after or vice versa.
DAY ONE: Wet the gauge/cotton pads (given by the technician) with Hot water and place it over your brows leaving them on for 2 - 3 minutes at a time, do it every hour or every other hour.
DAY 1 -7: Keep your brow area clean by using a gentle cleanser (Cetaphil) every morning and every night. No Rubbing
Day 3 -7+ : Apply post treatment cream given by the technician or use very small amount of coconut or grape seed oil 3 days after your treatment.
THINGS NOT TO DO:
Do not use any other ointments, creams or antibiotics on your eyebrows.
No exercising or any activity that involves sweating for 3 days after the treatment.
No sauna or swimming for 2 weeks after the treatment.
No tinting, chemical peels, mesotherapy, dermabrasion, botox or any other strong treatments for 4 weeks after the treatment.
Do not scratch and sleep on your eyebrows.
Do not apply makeup on your eyebrows for 2 weeks.
If eyebrows are kept clean and dry only a thin film (not scab) will appear after 4-7 days. It will peel of itself gently (do not touch or scratch it) after 7 - 10 days. After the film peels off, dryness and flakiness can appear. In this case a very small amount of coconut oil, grape seed oil or post treatment cream can be applied after disinfection.
When the scabbing has fallen off, you will notice
In case of Sweat contact, the wound will expand and depending on wetness type soft or hard scab will appear, which will peel off the pigment.
If skin is sensitive, the area around the eyebrows can turn red or swollen which will return to normal in few hours or couple of days.
Oily skin always tend to have hard time healing and taking the pigment.
-Information by Aleksandra Maniuse, Deluxe Brows Microblading
Eyebrows will appear darker, bolder, and sharper due to natural scabbing and healing for the first week. Scabbing can take anywhere from 1 - 2 weeks. Please keep this in mind when scheduling an appointment.